Open a Checking Account Today
Our free checking account comes with all the bells and whistles, but without any annoying extra fees. It’s completely free from start to finish, and it’s a breeze to set up.
- Free e-statements
- Convenient debit card
- No minimum balance
- No transaction fees or per check fees
- No monthly maintenance fees
- You must reside in any of the following counties: Schoolcraft, Alger, Delta, Luce, or Mackinac.
- Have a valid, unexpired photo ID
- Have an active Savings Account with a minimum of $5.00 deposited (We can do this at the same time of opening your Checking Account)
There is no minimum balance requirement to open your Checking Account.
A Debit Card is not automatically ordered when the Checking Account is created. If you’re interested in receiving a Debit Card please contact us and we’ll get it started.
Anyone can deposit money into an account, but they will not receive a receipt. Only the person(s) on the account can get information and/or withdraw money.
If you do not have a joint holder or beneficiary listed, your account will go to your estate or, if unclaimed, will be escheated to the state.
A joint holder has equal rights to all money in the account and can make decisions about the money, just as you can, without your permission. A beneficiary is someone who will receive all remaining funds after you pass away and after any listed joint holders pass away.
Yes! We will need a copy of their social security card and any school photo ID, driver’s permit, or licenses.
Check It Out
Give us a call or stop by to open a checking account today.